Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Salt Lake City

Our trip to Salt Lake was a blast. We went down for Trevor's Corporate Christmas party. They payed for the hotel, dinner and time off. It was at the Radisson downtown, it's a nice hotel. They have sleep number beds. The next day we drove down to Orem to see Heather and Keith. Heather looks so cute with her little pregnant belly. We got to go to Ikea, which I've been wanting to do for over a year. It's HUGE! We bought down comforters and covers for the kids and a cute area rug for their room. Later that night we went back to see the lights on Temple Square. It was nice but with fighting the crowds and two tired kids, the lights didn't seem that spectacular. Saturday night we stayed with Erik, Penny and their kids. We had a nice visit with them also.

The drive down and back was nice, no snow or rain, but when we woke up on Monday morning we had 4 inches of snow and it was still falling! We were thankful we beat the snow home. We were all excited and I spent 2 1/2 hours outside playing in it with the kids. Tyler kept taking off his gloves and then crying because his hands were cold!



2 comments:

Renee' P said...

Just wanted to say Happy 6th Anniversary to you two! We celebrating by ditching the kids and going out to a nice dinner w/live music!

birdeeb said...

Opps I am not very good at remembering dates...I see you had an anniversary! Happy 6th ;o). NO we aren't going to Spokane...I am so sad about it :o( I was really looking forward to seeing my brother & his family (it's been 2 years). I think when I get actual vacation time we will plan a 5 day weekend so that we can drive in safer weather. My parents were planning to go to FL for the winter months & they stayed cause we were coming...now that we aren't I feel kinda bad :o( They said they will come here around the 3rd of Jan so that will be good to see them. Anywho ;o) We are gonna go to Shannon's on Christmas Day & maybe your parent's on Christmas Eve? It's nice we still have family to spend the holiday with. What are you guys doin'?